Seminar on EU’s Bank Resolution and Recovery Directive (BRRD) and plans for EU’s Capital Markets Union
Friday 29 May the Working Group on Financial Services in the EFTA held an open seminar at Norges Bank.
The EFTA (European Free Trade Association) consists of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland. The Financial Services Working Group in the EFTA is dealing with financial markets and services. From Norway, the Ministry of Finance, the Norges Bank and the Financial Supervisory Authority are represented in the group. It has an annual meeting and a seminar. This year the meeting took place at the Ministry of Finance Thursday 28 May, and the seminar at the Norges Bank on Friday 29 May. The seminar was mainly about the European Union's directive of bank crisis resolution, Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive (BRRD), but started with a session on plans for the EU capital markets union.
- Program (PDF 19.0 Kb)
- The Nordic Bond Market (PDF 2.3 Mb)
- The “Norwegian” High Yield Bond Market and potential impact of CMU (PDF 933.8 Kb)
- Implementing the BRRD and the DGSD – EBA’s perspective on proportionality (PDF 575.8 Kb)
- BRRD – implementation challenges from an institutional point of view (PDF 502.7 Kb)
- Implementation of BRRD, and use of and experiences with bail-in in Denmark (PDF 1.1 Mb)