Below you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about topics such as banking services, the exchange rate, the gold reserves, interest rates and notes and coins.
- About Norges Bank What Norges Bank does and how we are organised
- Banking services Opening of an account and import of money. Bank holidays
- Collateral for loans Banks have access to loans and deposits in Norges Bank. Norges Bank extends loans against collateral in the form of securities.
- Exchange rates When are the exchange rates published and where to find the figures? Information on the foreign reserves
- Gold reserves The amount of the gold reserves, buying and selling gold and gold prices
- Monetary policy, inflation and interest rates The key rate, consumer price index, inflation, interest rate decisions and monetary policy strategy
- Notes and coins Withdrawn notes and coins, value of older notes and coins and counterfeit banknotes