Financial crisis, banking and banking regulation, monetary economics, macroeconomic theory, economics and institutions
- "How mortgages fuel corporate lending: It's not magic, it's covered bonds" (with Ragnar E. Juelsrud and Talina Sondershaus)
- "Fertility cost, intergenerational labor division, and female employment" (with Shulong Kang and Haiyue Yu), on VoxEU.
- "City commercial banks and credit allocation: Firm-level evidence" (with Shulong Kang, Jianfeng Dong, Haiyue Yu, and Valeriya Dinger)
- "Who cares: Deciphering China's female employment paradox" (with Shulong Kang and Haiyue Yu).
- "Monetary policy and the dynamics of commodity prices: Evidence from China" (with Yongjian Lyu and Mo Yang).
- "Capital adequacy and liquidity in banking dynamics" (with Lorán Chollete).
- "Illiquidity, insolvency, and banking regulation".
- "Financial globalization and bank lending: The limit of monetary policy" (with Valeriya Dinger), Journla of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming. See non-technical summary on VoxEU.
- "Opacity and risk-taking: Evidence from Norway" (with Ragnar E. Juelsrud), Journal of Banking and Finance, forthcoming.
- "Money in the equilibrium of banking" (with Gerhard Illing), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, forthcoming.
- "The interaction between macroprudential and monetary policies: The cases of Norway and Sweden" (with Valeriya Dinger, Anna Grodecka-Messi, Ragnar Juelsrud and Xin Zhang), Review of International Economics, 29(1), February 2021, 87-116.
- "The interaction between macroprudential policy and monetary policy: Overview" (with Matthieu Bussière, Jakob de Haan, Robert Hills, Simon Lloyd, Baptiste Meunier, Justine Pedrono, Dennis Reinhardt, Sonalika Sinha, Rhiannon Sowerbutts, and Konstantin Styrin), Review of International Economics, 29(1), February 2021, 1-19.
- "How fair is patent litigation in China? -- Evidence from the Beijing courts" (with Coco Zhang), China Quarterly, 241, March 2020, 247-261.
- "Monetary policy and financial stability in the long run: A simple game-theoretic approach" (with Lorán Chollete), Journal of Financial Stability, 28(1), February 2017, 125-142.
- "'Interest rate trap', or: Why does the central bank keep the policy rate too low for too long?" (with Gerhard Illing), Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 117(4), October 2015, 1256-1280.
- "Insolvency uncertainty, banking tax, and macroprudential regulation", in Gaëtan Nicodème and Ruud de Mooij (eds.): Taxation of the Financial Sector, MIT Press, 2014, Chapter 5.
- "Endogenous exposure to systemic liquidity risk" (with Gerhard Illing), International Journal of Central Banking, 7(2), June 2011, 173-216.
- "Regulation of systemic liquidity risk" (with Gerhard Illing), Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, 24(1), January 2010, 31-48. Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, Financial Markets and Portfolio Management Best Paper Award, 2010.
- The Economics of Banking. Routledge, forthcoming. A postgraduate textbook.
- Money: Theory and Practice (with Gerhard Illing). Springer, 2019. A postgraduate textbook.
- Money: Theory and Practice, Instructor's Manual (with Gerhard Illing). Springer, 2019.
- Banking Regulation and the Financial Crisis. Routledge, UK, 2012 (Hardback) & 2014 (Paperback). Contents | Preface | Index. Order at Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk.