Tel.: +47 22 31 69 55
Fax: +47 22 42 40 62
Fax: +47 22 42 40 62
P.O. Box 1179 Sentrum
Financial crisis, banking and banking regulation, monetary economics, macroeconomic theory, economics and institutions
- "The investment channel of monetary policy: Evidence from Norway" (with Torje Hegna, Martin B. Holm, Ragnar Juelsrud, Tobias König, and Mikkel Riiser)
- "Relationship lending and monetary policy pass-through" (with Pierre Dubuis and Karolis Liaudinskas)
- "Quantitative easing and the spillover effects from the crude oil market to other financial markets: Evidence from QE1 to QE3" (with Yongjian Lyu and Mo Yang)
- "Financial frictions and heterogeneous firms" (with Masashige Hamano and Junior Maih)
- "Trade conflicts and credit supply spillovers: Evidence from the Nobel Peace Prize trade shock" (with Valeriya Dinger, Ragnar E. Juelsrud, and Karolis Liaudinskas)
- "The effect of asset encumbrance on bank behavior: Evidence from the introduction of covered bonds in Norway" (with Ragnar E. Juelsrud and Talina Sondershaus).
- "Behind China's banking liberalization: City commercial banks and credit allocation" (with Shulong Kang, Jianfeng Dong, Haiyue Yu, and Valeriya Dinger).
- "Who cares: Deciphering China's female employment paradox" (with Shulong Kang and Haiyue Yu).
- "Capital adequacy and liquidity in banking dynamics" (with Lorán Chollete).
- "Illiquidity, insolvency, and banking regulation".
- "Identifying the depreciation rate of durables from marginal spending responses" (with Chao Cui, Valeriya Dinger, Martin B. Holm, and Shulong Kang), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, forthcoming.
- "Monetary policy spillover to small open economies: Is the transmission different under low interest rates?" (with Valeriya Dinger, Tomás Gómez, Zuzana Gric, Martin Hodula, Alejandro Jara, Ragnar Juelsrud, Karolis Liaudinskas, Simona Malovaná, and Yaz Terajima), Journal of Financial Stability, 65, April 2023, 101116.
- "Fertility cost, grandparental childcare, and female employment" (with Shulong Kang and Haiyue Yu), Empirical Economics, 64(3), March 2023, 1067-1104. See non-technical summary on VoxEU.
- "Financial globalization and bank lending: The limit of monetary policy" (with Valeriya Dinger), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 57(8), December 2022, 3223-3251. See non-technical summary on VoxEU.
- "Monetary policy and the dynamics of commodity prices: Evidence from China" (with Yongjian Lyu, Heling Yi, and Mo Yang), Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 75, October 2022, 101836.
- "Money in the equilibrium of banking" (with Gerhard Illing), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 54(1), February 2022, 119-144.
- "Opacity and risk-taking: Evidence from Norway" (with Ragnar E. Juelsrud), Journal of Banking and Finance, 134, January 2022.
- "The interaction between macroprudential and monetary policies: The cases of Norway and Sweden" (with Valeriya Dinger, Anna Grodecka-Messi, Ragnar Juelsrud and Xin Zhang), Review of International Economics, 29(1), February 2021, 87-116.
- "The interaction between macroprudential policy and monetary policy: Overview" (with Matthieu Bussière, Jakob de Haan, Robert Hills, Simon Lloyd, Baptiste Meunier, Justine Pedrono, Dennis Reinhardt, Sonalika Sinha, Rhiannon Sowerbutts, and Konstantin Styrin), Review of International Economics, 29(1), February 2021, 1-19.
- "How fair is patent litigation in China? -- Evidence from the Beijing courts" (with Coco Zhang), China Quarterly, 241, March 2020, 247-261.
- "Monetary policy and financial stability in the long run: A simple game-theoretic approach" (with Lorán Chollete), Journal of Financial Stability, 28(1), February 2017, 125-142.
- "'Interest rate trap', or: Why does the central bank keep the policy rate too low for too long?" (with Gerhard Illing), Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 117(4), October 2015, 1256-1280.
- "Insolvency uncertainty, banking tax, and macroprudential regulation", in Gaëtan Nicodème and Ruud de Mooij (eds.): Taxation of the Financial Sector, MIT Press, 2014, Chapter 5.
- "Endogenous exposure to systemic liquidity risk" (with Gerhard Illing), International Journal of Central Banking, 7(2), June 2011, 173-216.
- "Regulation of systemic liquidity risk" (with Gerhard Illing), Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, 24(1), January 2010, 31-48. Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, Financial Markets and Portfolio Management Best Paper Award, 2010.
- The Economics of Banking. Routledge, 2022. A postgraduate textbook. Order on Routledge | Amazon.com.
- Money: Theory and Practice (with Gerhard Illing). Springer, 2019. A postgraduate textbook.
- Money: Theory and Practice, Instructor's Manual (with Gerhard Illing). Springer, 2019.
- Banking Regulation and the Financial Crisis. Routledge, UK, 2012 (Hardback) & 2014 (Paperback). Contents | Preface | Index. Order on Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk.
- Waking Up In the Dark (in Chinese). Beijing: Tsinghua University Press, 2015. Contents & Endorsements. Order at Amazon.cn | dangdang.cn | jd.com.