Financial crisis, banking and banking regulation, monetary economics, macroeconomic theory, economics and institutions
- "Identifying the depreciation rate of durables from marginal spending responses" (with Chao Cui, Valeriya Dinger, Martin B. Holm, and Shulong Kang)
- "Trade conflicts and credit supply spillovers: Evidence from the Nobel Peace Prize trade shock" (with Valeriya Dinger, Ragnar E. Juelsrud, and Karolis Liaudinskas)
- "Monetary policy spillover to small open economies: Is the transmission different under low interest rates?" (with Valeriya Dinger, Tomás Gómez, Zuzana Gric, Martin Hodula, Alejandro Jara, Ragnar Juelsrud, Karolis Liaudinskas, Simona Malovaná, and Yaz Terajima)
- "The effect of asset encumbrance on bank behavior: Evidence from the introduction of covered bonds in Norway" (with Ragnar E. Juelsrud and Talina Sondershaus).
- "Behind China's banking liberalization: City commercial banks and credit allocation" (with Shulong Kang, Jianfeng Dong, Haiyue Yu, and Valeriya Dinger).
- "Who cares: Deciphering China's female employment paradox" (with Shulong Kang and Haiyue Yu).
- "Capital adequacy and liquidity in banking dynamics" (with Lorán Chollete).
- "Illiquidity, insolvency, and banking regulation".
- "Monetary policy and the dynamics of commodity prices: Evidence from China" (with Yongjian Lyu, Heling Yi, and Mo Yang), Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, 75, October 2022, 101836.
- "Fertility cost, grandparental childcare, and female employment" (with Shulong Kang and Haiyue Yu), Empirical Economics, forthcoming. See non-technical summary on VoxEU.
- "Financial globalization and bank lending: The limit of monetary policy" (with Valeriya Dinger), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming. See non-technical summary on VoxEU.
- "Money in the equilibrium of banking" (with Gerhard Illing), Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 54(1), February 2022, 119-144.
- "Opacity and risk-taking: Evidence from Norway" (with Ragnar E. Juelsrud), Journal of Banking and Finance, 134, January 2022.
- "The interaction between macroprudential and monetary policies: The cases of Norway and Sweden" (with Valeriya Dinger, Anna Grodecka-Messi, Ragnar Juelsrud and Xin Zhang), Review of International Economics, 29(1), February 2021, 87-116.
- "The interaction between macroprudential policy and monetary policy: Overview" (with Matthieu Bussière, Jakob de Haan, Robert Hills, Simon Lloyd, Baptiste Meunier, Justine Pedrono, Dennis Reinhardt, Sonalika Sinha, Rhiannon Sowerbutts, and Konstantin Styrin), Review of International Economics, 29(1), February 2021, 1-19.
- "How fair is patent litigation in China? -- Evidence from the Beijing courts" (with Coco Zhang), China Quarterly, 241, March 2020, 247-261.
- "Monetary policy and financial stability in the long run: A simple game-theoretic approach" (with Lorán Chollete), Journal of Financial Stability, 28(1), February 2017, 125-142.
- "'Interest rate trap', or: Why does the central bank keep the policy rate too low for too long?" (with Gerhard Illing), Scandinavian Journal of Economics, 117(4), October 2015, 1256-1280.
- "Insolvency uncertainty, banking tax, and macroprudential regulation", in Gaëtan Nicodème and Ruud de Mooij (eds.): Taxation of the Financial Sector, MIT Press, 2014, Chapter 5.
- "Endogenous exposure to systemic liquidity risk" (with Gerhard Illing), International Journal of Central Banking, 7(2), June 2011, 173-216.
- "Regulation of systemic liquidity risk" (with Gerhard Illing), Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, 24(1), January 2010, 31-48. Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, Financial Markets and Portfolio Management Best Paper Award, 2010.
- The Economics of Banking. Routledge, 2022. A postgraduate textbook. Order on Routledge | Amazon.com.
- Money: Theory and Practice (with Gerhard Illing). Springer, 2019. A postgraduate textbook.
- Money: Theory and Practice, Instructor's Manual (with Gerhard Illing). Springer, 2019.
- Banking Regulation and the Financial Crisis. Routledge, UK, 2012 (Hardback) & 2014 (Paperback). Contents | Preface | Index. Order on Amazon.com | Amazon.co.uk.