Old banknotes will be worthless
The banknotes in the previous series – Series VI – will soon be worthless. Many banknotes in this series are still in circulation. Norges Bank will no longer be obliged to redeem these notes as from 1 November 2012.
“Check whether you have old banknotes hidden away at home”, says Director Trond Eklund of the Cashier’s Department. The deadline for exchange is 1 November 2012 and applies to the following banknotes:
- 50-krone notes bearing the portrait of Aasmund O. Vinje
- 100-krone notes bearing the portrait of Camilla Collett
- 500-krone notes bearing the portrait of Edvard Grieg
- 1000-krone notes bearing the portrait of Christian Magnus Falsen
If you want to exchange any of these notes, you must do so before 1 November at one of the following locations:
- at Norges Bank in Oslo
- at Norges Bank’s depots (operated by NOKAS) in Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim and Tromsø
- at banks offering this service to customers
More information about exchanging old banknotes and coins is available on our website.
Press telephone: +47 21 49 09 30