Knut Are Aastveit
Tel.: +47 22 31 61 21
P.O.Box 1179 Sentrum
Applied macroeconomics, housing market, oil market, time-series econometrics and forecasting
CV (PDF, 79.6 Kb)
Knut Are Aastveit is a Senior Researcher in Monetary Policy Research. He obtained his Ph.D. at the Univeristy of Oslo in 2010.
Major policy related project: SAM
- Economic Uncertainty and the Influence of Monetary Policy (joint with Gisle J. Natvik and Sergio Sola). Journal of International Money and Finance, forthcoming
- Have Standard VARs Remained Stable Since the Crisis? (joint with Andrea Carriero, Todd Clark and Massimiliano Marcellino). Journal of Applied Econometrics, forthcoming.
- Density forecasts with MIDAS models (joint with Claudia Foroni and Francesco Ravazzolo). Journal of Applied Econometrics, forthcoming.
- Combined Density Nowcasting in an Uncertain Economic Environment (joint with Francesco Ravazzolo and Herman van Dijk). Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, forthcoming.
- Identification and real-time forecasting of Norwegian business cycles (joint with Anne Sofie Jore and Francesco Ravazzolo). International Journal of Forecasting 32(2), 283-292, 2016.
- The world is not enough! Small open economies and regional dependence (joint with Hilde C. Bjørnland and Leif Anders Thorsrud). Scandinavian Journal of Economics 118(1), 168-195, 2016.
- What drives oil prices? Emerging versus developed economies (joint with Hilde C. Bjørnland and Leif Anders Thorsrud). Journal of Applied Econometrics 30(7), 1013-1028, 2015.
- Oil price shocks in a data-rich environment. Energy Economics 45(C): 268-279, 2014.
- Discussion of: Forecasting with factor-augmented error correction models. International Journal of Forecasting 30(3), 613-615, 2014.
- Nowcasting GDP in Real-Time: A Density Combination Approach (joint with Karsten R. Gerdrup, Anne Sofie Jore and Leif Anders Thorsrud). Journal of Business & Economic Statistics 32(1), 48-68, 2014.
- Estimating the Output Gap in Real Time: A Factor Model Approach (joint with Tørres G. Trovik). Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance 54(2), 180-193, 2014.
- Nowcasting Norwegian GDP: The Role of Asset Prices in a Small Open Economy (joint with Tørres G. Trovik). Empirical Economics 42(1), 95-119, 2012.
Has the Fed Responded to House and Stock Prices? A Time-Varying Analysis (joint with Francesco Furlanetto and Francesca Loria)
Work in progress
Asymmetric effects of monetary policy in regional housing markets (joint with Andrè K. Anundsen)
Residential construction activity and recession predictability (joint with Andrè K. Anundsen and Eyo Herstad)
Removing the property ladder? The effects of loan-to-value limits on the housing market (joint with Andrè K. Anundsen, Benjamin Beckers and Kjersti Næss Torstensen)
- Bayesian Predictive Density Combinations for Exchange Rate Models (joint with Francesco Ravazzolo and Herman van Dijk)
Multivariate Bayesian Predictive Synthesis in Macroeconomic Forecasting (joint with Kenichiro McAlinn, Jouchi Nakajima and Mike West)
On the Dynamics of Investment and Production in the Oil Sector (joint with Rabah Arezki and Akito Matsumoto)
- Oil news shocks, OPEC response and the macroeconomy (joint with Rabah Arezki and Akito Matsumoto)