General Secretariat and General Counsel
The department performs secretariat, coordinating and governance functions on behalf of the Bank's executive management.
- Coordinating strategy and governance processes for central banking operations
- Ensuring regulatory compliance in central banking operations
- Serving as the secretariat for the Executive Board and executive management
Executive Director and Chief of General Secretariat: Birger Vikøren
Director Bjarne Gulbrandsen (Secretariat)
Director Kathrine Stang Ottesen (GRC)
Tel. +47 22 31 61 82
The General Counsel holds ultimate responsibility for providing legal advice to the Executive Board and the executive management of Norges Bank.
- Quality assurance of legal advice provided to the Bank's departments relating to major issues
- Monitoring of the Bank's interests in legal issues in the EEA and international fora
General Counsel Marius Ryel
Tel. +47 22 31 63 31
The Communications Director has overall responsibility for providing communications advice to Norges Bank's executive management and the Executive Board.
Communications Director Runar Malkenes
Tel.: +47 22 31 64 68